The process of getting ambassadors to participate in marketing campaigns can be a challenge. Incentives must be used to help motivate ambassadors and drive participation during the times that matter the most.
One way to drive ambassador engagement is to offer exclusive rewards. Exclusive rewards can be any reward that is not found in a rewards catalog and can only be claimed by completing specific activities.
By linking exclusive rewards to a particular activity, you can incentivize ambassadors to contribute in a way that benefits your marketing campaign the most.
With BrandChamp’s ambassador software, you can create exclusive activity rewards and link it to a specific activity to drive engagement and incentivize participation.
In this video, we will set up an activity reward, create a marketing activity that offers the reward, and complete the activity as an ambassador.
Setting up Auto Issued Reward
In this post, a walkthrough will be provided for creating an activity reward and a marketing campaign activity.
Before creating your marketing campaign activity, you will need to create an “Activity Reward”. When the “Activity Reward” is created it can then be linked it to any given activity.
To create an Activity Reward:
- Navigate to “Reward Types” page
- Click “Activity Rewards” tab
- Click “New Activity Reward”
For this example, you will set up a reward for 25% off an entire order
In the Reward Type section:
- Select “Shopify Discount”
- Set discount type to “Percentage”
- Enter the discount value “25%”
Next in the “Applies to” and “Minimum requirements” section:
- Select “Entire order”. This will allow the ambassador to apply the discount to their entire order
- Select “None”. By selecting “None”, the ambassador will not need to meet any purchase or quantity requirements
After setting up the minimum requirements, you can edit the reward’s description:
- Enter the description “25% off entire order”
- Select “Custom Image” and upload your company logo
- Select “Auto issue this reward?”. This reward will now be issued immediately to ambassadors upon approval of their activity submission.
- Click “Save”
After clicking “Save”, you can now create a Marketing Campaign Activity that links to your activity reward.
Setting up Marketing Campaign Activity
In BrandChamp, a completed activity can offer an ambassador points that are used to claim rewards or specific rewards.
To create an activity that offers a specific reward, start in the Activity Types page:
- Navigate to “Activity Types” page
- Click “New”
- Select “Social Share Activity”
After selecting “Social Share Activity”, you can create the activity Title and Description in the “Tasks” tab.
In the “Tasks” tab:
- Enter the title: Free Range Spirit Outdoors Post
- Enter the Description: Take a photo of your self featuring one of our products in an outdoor theme! Include #FreeRangeSpirit and #FRS2019. All approved activities will be rewarded with a 25% off discount code for your next order
Next, scroll down to set up the Verification Instructions.
In the Verification Instructions:
- Leave the default text, “Please enter link to your post or use “Pick…” button to select”. This informs the ambassador that they can either submit a link or “pick” their social media post from their timeline
- Select “Web address”. This allows ambassadors to submit a post via URL or by picking a post from their social media timeline
Next, in the “Pick Social Media Posts” section:
- Select the boxes for Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Select “Default “Approve” outcome. This sets up a default “Approve” or “Reject” outcome when reviewing ambassador’s activities
- Finally, click “Next Step – Reward”
In the “Reward” tab, you can link the activity reward that was created earlier (25% off entire order).
To link this activity to the “Activity Reward”:
- Click “Activity Reward Token”
- Select “25% off entire order”
- Click “Next Step – Limits”
In the Limits tab, the activity will be set up to be offered 1 time per month.
To define the activity limit:
- Select “Monthly”
- Enter “1” time per month
- Select “Next Step – Presentation”
Finally, in the Presentation tab, we can configure how the activity will be viewed in the Ambassador Portal.
For the presentation:
- Select an “Icon” (i.e Megaphone)
- Check off the “Available” box
- Leave the BrandChamps Tag Filter empty.By leaving this field empty, all ambassadors will be able to view this activity
Scroll down to define the sorting order for this activity:
- Enter “100”. Activities sorted at 100 will be presented at the top of the activities list
- Click “Create”
After the activity is created, it can then be completed by an ambassador.
Completing a Marketing Campaign Activity
To view the marketing activity that you just set up, log into the ambassador portal. In the ambassador portal, your activity can be viewed in the “Activities” page.
To access the Activities page, click “View” next to “Available Activities” or click the drop-down menu in the top left corner.
After clicking “View”, the activity page lists all the activities in order of importance.
In the Activities page, you can view the activity reward offered in the lower left corner.
The reward for the “Free Range Spirit Outdoors Post” is “25% off entire order”.
In the lower right corner of the activity, the completion limit is listed. The completion limit for the Free Range Spirit Outdoors Post activity is “1 per month”.
To view the activity instructions:
- Click on the “Free Range Spirit Outdoors Post” Activity
When the activity is selected, the activity instructions, reward, and completion limit can be viewed.
From here, scroll down to submit the activity.
For this activity, an ambassador can submit a post by pasting a URL link to their post or by “picking” an existing post from their social media timeline.
For this activity, you will submit an existing post from Instagram:
- Click “Pick from my Instagram”
When your Instagram Timeline appears:
- Click “Pick” on the post to be submitted
After clicking “Pick”, the URL for the post automatically fills in:
- Click “Submit”
Once the activity is submitted, the ambassador will be redirected to the “In Progress” activity section.
In the “In Progress” activity section, the ambassador will receive a notification about their activity being reviewed by an administrator.
Approving Campaign Activity as an Administrator
The activities submitted by ambassadors can be viewed, approved, and rejected in the “Activities’ page of the BrandChamp Admin Portal.
In the Activities page, find the post submitted earlier at the top of the list.
To approve the activity and issue the reward to the ambassador:
- Leave a comment for the post “Great Job!”
- Click “Approve”
Once the activity is approved, the ambassador will then be rewarded with a discount code for “25% off entire order”.
To claim the reward for “25% off entire order”, navigate back to the ambassador portal.
Claiming Reward as an Ambassador
After the ambassador’s activity is approved, the ambassador will be notified that their activity has been approved via email and in the ambassador portal.
To view unclaimed rewards, log back into the ambassador portal.
Once logged in:
- Click “View” in the highlighted “unclaimed reward” box
In the rewards catalog:
- Select the “Reward”
- Click “Review”
After clicking “Review”, the ambassador will then be asked to “Confirm” the reward
- Click “Confirm”
When the reward is confirmed, the page will redirect to the “issued rewards” page. In the “issued rewards” page, an ambassador can now view their discount code for “25% off entire order”.
To use this reward, copy the code and then apply it in the checkout process of the store.
By offering exclusive rewards, you can now incentivize your community to participate in the times that matter most.
When the reward is linked to a specific activity, ambassadors can then be engaged to complete the tasks that you need help with.