We collect anonymous data from every visitor of the Website to monitor traffic and fix bugs. For example, we collect information like web requests, the data sent in response to such requests, the Internet Protocol address, the browser type, the browser language, and a timestamp for the request.
In order to use the BrandChamp Website, you may be required to authorise access for the BrandChamp Website or Services to third party sites, after which we may store a limited amount of personal information (such as your name and email address) in order to be able to save details associated with your account and to provide the general service.
Our customers use our platform to host and operate ambassador marketing programs. Users wishing to apply to one of those programs (“Applicants”) may be asked to provide further information (depending on how our customers have configured the services) via an application form to help qualify them for inclusion in the program.
Users of the ambassador services website may be asked to submit links to posts on social media sites or other websites as verification for a requested activity. We may read public information from these links, such as the number of likes or comments.
Users of the ambassador services website may also be asked to complete a profile which includes links to their social media profiles. These profiles may be displayed publicly on our customers website to promote the ambassador program and it’s participants. We may read public information from these accounts such as number of followers.
Sharing of Data
We do not share personal information you have provided to us without your consent, unless:
- doing so is appropriate to carry out your own request;
- we believe it’s needed to enforce our Terms of Service, or that is legally required;
- we believe it’s needed to detect, prevent or address fraud, security or technical issues;
- otherwise protect our property, legal rights, or that of others.
Aggregated and anonymized data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve the BrandChamp Website and service. For example to Google Analytics (for traffic analysis, SEO optimization).
We use the Mailchimp and SendGrid email services to deliver emails to you.
We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”). We may need to share personal information with our Agents in order to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use Personal Information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information with our Agents.
BrandChamp is operated from the United States. If you are visiting the Website from outside the U.S., you agree to any processing of any personal information you provide us according to this policy.
BrandChamp may contact you, by email or other means. For example, BrandChamp may send you promotional emails relating to BrandChamp or other relevant third parties BrandChamp feels you would be interested in, or communicate with you about your use of the BrandChamp Website or Services. You can modify your email notification preferences by clicking the appropriate link included in the footer of email notifications. If you do not want to receive email from BrandChamp, please opt out of receiving emails at the bottom of any BrandChamp emails.
We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you; (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests, that of our customers, or your own and not overridden by your rights; or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. We have a legitimate interest in operating our Services and communicating with you as necessary to provide these Services, for example when responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time.
Data Protection Rights
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing email@example.com.
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
For no longer than necessary for the purposes set out and in accordance with our legal obligations and legitimate business interests.
You can get in contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org about this policy or if you wish to exercise your legal rights.